Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Kiss, Kiss, Bye, Bye

A statement regarding TORCHWOOD.tv:

It's been two years since the last full season of Torchwood aired; almost three since it was recorded.

At this point, it is highly unlikely that the show will return for a fifth season, or at all in any format (although lets remain hopeful!).

As such, there 's very little new news to report on.

For the time being then, the site is closed for business. Its archive of Torchwood related news, dating back to the day the show was announced in late 2005, remains.

We're proud of what we've achieved here since then.

Thanks to everybody who's contributed, either through writing the blog, leaving comments, or simply visiting us.

Don't forget, as if you could, that you can pick up all of Torchwood's television episodes on demand, or DVD/Blu-Ray. There 's also a wealth of Radio Episodes and other audio exclusives for you to hunt down and enjoy, also.

Be seeing you...

Jackharkness

2 comments:

Anna said...

Wouldn't have seen this except I kept the site in my RSS feed, hoping against hope that there'd be good news someday. *Sigh...*

I'm put in mind of Jack telling the team "...I'm coming back...!" when he went off to chase after the Doctor. Let's hope so...Barrowman and Eve Myles–and maybe Freema Agyeman–ahh, it'd be a treat to see another series.

But I'm afraid you're right. RTD, bless him, made a big mistake in trying to do anything in the US, tempting though it may have been. (I live in the US, and there's nothing worse than doing a co-production with a US network. Hey, ask the 8th Doctor...!)

Thanks for being a source of a lot of information back in those glorious years. You'll be missed. *snif!*

curls said...

Well always have Children of Earth. A fantastic week of television. I too wish to thank everybody who was involved with this blog and who followed it. I was hoping for bigger and better things after season 3 but we never really got them. Even though I felt I never fully connected with the show I do look back very fondly at the few years I spent writing about it.